VANA MEMBER PROFILE – Seraglio Lotto
Kiosk 3, 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne
Store Owner: Amelia Lay
Years as a newsagent: 3 yrs & 11 months
Products: Lottery tickets, footy products & assorted gifts.
Seraglio Lotto is definitely a lucky store, as exemplified when it won a division one syndicate, three years ago. The owner, Amelia, loves to share all her winning stories on her business Facebook page, so feel free to check them out!
Seraglio Lotto runs three social media promotions each year to stir up momentum for the larger draws. They have been successful every time at motivating the staff and energising customers.
Seraglio Lotto is community-minded and ensure they give back to their community via tri-annual fundraisers for charities, such as the Red Cross and Save the Children.
Amelia’s tips for success are:
- Get involved in more group syndicates so you don’t have too much pressure
- Be confident & talk to every customer about syndicates, upsell & cross promote
- Don’t judge a book by its cover, that customer may surprise you with their spending
- Reach out when you have questions/need a hand. Don’t be shy 😊
- Take advantage of special events to maximise profits
- Promote your business as often as you can with different platforms & promotions